At Carrant Brook Junior School, we follow a topic based approach to the curriculum with the intention to motivate and engage our pupils. We believe that this curriculum will help our children develop personally, socially, spiritually, physically, morally and culturally, therefore helping them to prepare for the next set of challenges and opportunities in their lives. In each year group the skills and knowledge that children need to learn and equip them to be British citizens are implemented through exciting topics.
CULTURAL CAPITAL EVIDENCE TRAIL
Our broad & balanced curriculum provides opportunities for children to experience a rich 'Cultural Capital'.
CARRANT BROOK CURRICULUM
Our 'Carrant Brook Curriculum' runs alongside the National Curriculum and it enables the children to enhance their understanding of their home, their local community and the town of Tewkesbury. It includes fundamental skills and knowledge that supports our pupils well-being, creativity and impacts their future lives as citizens in British society. This enhancement includes but is not limited to :
Celebrating All Achievement, Mental Wellbeing & Healthy Eating, Engaging with Our Community, Challenge & Resilience, Taking Care of Our Environment & the Wider World and Basic First Aid Skills.
IMPLEMENTATION KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS PROGRESSION
Contact the School, for more information on our Knowledge & Skills Progression
Subject Specific Vocabulary Lists
|PE Vocab Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 Art Vocab Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 Music Vocab Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 Comp Vocab Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 Design and Technology Key Vocabulary Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 French Vocab Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 Geog Vocab Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 Grammar Vocab Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 History Vocab Glossary.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 to 6 Maths Key Vocabulary Glossary.pdf||Download|
According to Ofsted, 'fundamental British values' are:
the rule of law
mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
At Carrant Brook Junior School we:
- Enable pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence CORE VALUE -CONFIDENT
- enable pupils to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- encourage pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely CORE VALUE -RESPONSIBLE
- enable pupils to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- encourage respect for other people CORE VALUE -CARING
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.
Please see our British Values Overview by clicking this link